Showing Your Home
These tips can help your house make the best impression, every time it is previewed by sales professionals or shown to prospective buyers...
- Remove toys, newspapers, yard tools, and other clutter
- Tidy up; pick up after pets
- Park vehicles in the garage or on the street; leave driveway clear
- Add color with flowers and potted plants
- Make beds; clean up dishes; empty waste baskets
- Remove clutter throughout; organize closets and cupboards; put away toys
- Set out “show towels” in bath
- Freshen the air; deodorize pet areas; set comfortable temperature
- Do quick vacuuming and dusting
- Arrange fresh flowers throughout
- Fire in fireplace (when appropriate)
- Turn off television; play background music
- Open drapes and shades; turn on lights
You Are The Key Player
You are the key player on the home selling team. No one has a more important role in the home selling process than you. Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale...
- Maintain the property in ready-to-show condition.
- Ensure that the house is easily accessible to real estate professionals (lockbox and key). Try to be flexible in the scheduling of showings.
- When you are not at home, let me know how to reach you in case an offer is received.
- If approached directly by a buyer who is not represented by real estate professional, please contact me. Do not allow them into the property unescorted.
- Remove or lock up valuables, jewelry, cash, and prescription medications.
- If possible, do not be present when the property is being shown.
- Securely pen up pets or take them with you.
- Be cautious about saying anything buyers or their sales representatives that could weaken your negotiating position especially regarding price or your urgency to sell.
- Collect business cards of real estate professionals who preview and show your home and pass them onto me.
- Let me know of any change in the property's condition that would need to be disclosed to buyers.
- Be available to review with me the list price and condition of your property if it has not sold in a reasonable period of time.
- Contact me at any time with questions or concerns.
From Offer to Closing
When our marketing efforts bring a purchase offer, I will...
Negotiate the Agreement
- Explain the offer to you and answer your questions.
- Help determine the best course of action by pointing out potential advantages and disadvantages of the offer and clarifying the choices available to you.
- Prepare an estimate of net proceeds based on the proposed price and terms.
- Negotiate through the buyer's agent and handle possible counter offers to reach a final agreement that is favorable to you.
Complete the Transaction
- Explain to you in detail all steps that will occur for a successful closing and answer any questions that you might have.
- Work with the buyer's broker and others to help coordinate their activities and keep the transaction moving forward.
- Monitor progress on inspections, the buyer's loan and other contingencies as called for in the purchase contract. resolve questions of problems that might arise in order to ensure a timely closing.
- Accompany the buyer and buyer's agent during their final walk-through of the property.
- Assist you in handling details required for the completion of the transaction.
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible.
Follow Up After the Sale Closes
- Confirm that all your real estate related needs have been met and provide information on service providers you may require.
- Offer relocation assistance, if moving to a new location.
- Help you locate a new home, if remaining in this area.